The core of our curriculum concerns leadership, finance, structures, strategy and decision-making – all through the prism of creativity.
This curriculum is delivered directly by Compton, or in commercial partnership with universities, training partners, member associations or corporate enterprise.
- Creative Leadership. Led by Dr David Court, this short course is about leadership in the creative industries. Delivered online over 13 weeks, in partnership with the University of Canberra.
- Entrepreneurship. How to make your idea happen. A short course in business essentials led by Dr David Court. Delivered online over 13 weeks in partnership with the University of Canberra.
- Graduate Certificate in Creative Leadership (in partnership with the University of Canberra). Led by Dr David Court this is a 1 year, part time course for people performing or stepping into leadership roles.
- Graduate Certificate in Creative Business (in partnership with the University of Canberra). Led by Dr David Court, this 1 year, part time course includes mentorship with Compton’s Creative Fellows: Sue Maslin, Ian Murray, Dr Chris Stevens, Imogen Banks, Robert Connolly, Chloe Rickard, Vincent Sheehan and Piers Grove.
- Practical Producing (in partnership with Share the Knowledge) A series of 90 min Zoom workshops that will give you a toolbox of producing tips and tricks to help you get your film made. Topics include recoupment, finance plans, film financing, sales agents, distribution and financial closing.
- Advanced Creative Entrepreneurship (in partnership with UTS)
- Picture 2023 (in partnership with Share the Knowledge and Vista Foundation). Led by Abi Tabone, Emma Slade and Victoria Dabbs, this course over 8 sessions helps New Zealand feature film producers hone their pitching skills, and develop marketing and distribution plans for their films.