The core of our curriculum concerns leadership, finance, structures, strategy and decision-making – all through the prism of creativity.
This curriculum is delivered directly by Compton, or in commercial partnership with universities, training partners, member associations or corporate enterprise.
- Creative Leadership. Led by Dr David Court and Sue Maslin AO, this course will teach you how creative leaders make decisions and help you build your personal brand. Delivered online over 13 weeks.
- Graduate Certificate in Creative Business (in partnership with the University of Canberra). Led by Dr David Court, this 1 year, part time course includes mentorship with Compton’s Creative Fellows: Sue Maslin, Ian Murray, Dr Chris Stevens, Imogen Banks, Robert Connolly, Chloe Rickard, Vincent Sheehan and Piers Grove.
- Practical Producing (in partnership with Share the Knowledge) A series of 90 min Zoom workshops that will give you a toolbox of producing tips and tricks to help you get your film made. Topics include recoupment, finance plans, film financing, sales agents, distribution and financial closing.
- Advanced Creative Entrepreneurship (in partnership with UTS)
- Picture 2023 (in partnership with Share the Knowledge and Vista Foundation). Led by Abi Tabone, Emma Slade and Victoria Dabbs, this course over 8 sessions encourages New Zealand feature film producers to develop their pitching skills, marketing and distribution plans for their film.
View past courses and testimonials