building a business,
sustaining a creative life
Join our second intake starting 1-3 February 2018
Few people are thinking about business when they decide to become involved in creative work. Yet business soon asserts itself.
Questions of funding and ownership arise at each stage of the creative process. And they are joined over time by deeper questions about business structure, strategy and sustainability.
3-2-1 is designed to help early career creators come to grips with these questions, find their place in their chosen industry, and make new connections.
This series of workshops has been developed with the assistance of our major partner, Film Victoria.
Learning to manage time and stress and be resilient in face of setbacks.
Bringing people together
Teamwork, collaboration and finding the best business structure for your enterprise.
We explore the creative value chain and how digital media are reshaping it.
We introduce basic accounting concepts and how companies measure and report their performance.
Not all investors are alike. We explain the differences and how they play out in the financing of a project.
We show how audiences can help drive development and build value in creative businesses.
Elements of the pitch
We teach you narrative, clarity, confidence and engagement.
- The course will be delivered over a series of four workshops, combining lectures, discussions and exercises.
- Participants will work in groups on a live case study that will test their creative and business vision.
- On the final day, the groups will pitch their work to a panel of industry experts who will provide detailed feedback. There will also be one-on-one consultations.
- Scholarships: A limited number of scholarships are available.
For information email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 February (Second Intake – Induction)
- 2-3 February 2018 (Workshop 2)
- 23-24 March 2018 (Workshop 3)
- 18-19 May 2018 (Workshop 4)