‘Stories create connections and get remembered, but numbers convince people’
— Aswath Damodaran
Say you’ve spent 10-15 years building your business and reached the point where you want A. to get bigger or B. to sell it. What do you do next?
INVESTOR READY is for anyone who’s reached that point or wants to start preparing for it:
- Finding an equity partner to invest in your business
- Negotiating a merger with another company like yours
- Selling your business to a bigger company
- Readying your business to carry on after your exit
None of these things just happen. You have to work towards them. In a series of 4 workshops, we’ll show you how.
INVESTOR READY curriculum
We explore what it takes to ready a business for the exit of its founder. The idea is to build a business that can continue without you.
Investors vary in their appetite for risk, time horizons and expectations of return on investment. They also have different strategic needs. Understanding the differences is key.
You need a structure that gives the right incentives to the people who own it and work for it – and the people who might want to buy it. Do you have the right structure?
Reverse financial modelling
If you know where you’re heading, you can construct a financial plan in reverse. We teach you this innovative planning method.
Growth is about focus, not ‘more of the same’. We investigate four proven growth strategies.
Sales and marketing
Sales and marketing are the twin revenue engines of your business. They need to be well matched and highly tuned.
Resourcing, capital expenditure, performance management
What resources do you need to build your business and how can you get the most from them?
Business planning and modelling
Planning’s a waste of time, right? Not if you want to sell your business. The plan is the narrative – the story you’re going to sell.
KPIs, reporting, and business intelligence systems
Managers need data to guide their decisions. So do investors. We help you design a business intelligence system for your business.
The sale process
How to prepare for your buyer’s due diligence process.
INVESTOR READY delivery
- The course will be delivered over four two-day workshops, running over a Friday and Saturday from 10am to 6pm each day.
- Participants will work in groups on a live case study. The case study will be the ‘stalking horse’ for the course.
- Participants will also develop their own personalised ‘investor ready’ plan.
- There will be a maximum of 12 participants in the course.
What you will take away:
- A blueprint for preparing your business for full or partial sale
- A worked example developed in class
- Expert guidance and one-on-one feedback
- $4,500 inc GST
- Rebate: Compton School is beta-testing its curriculum and seeking feedback.
If you would like to join a focus group discussion at completion of the course, we will pay you a rebate of $300.
- Scholarships: Participants may apply for a Compton Director’s Award of $500.
- To be advised